Color of the Year Ripple Afghan

 


Earlier this year I pointed out the Home Trends for 2021.  That included the Pantone Colors for 2021.  Usually it's only one color, but this year it was two:


When I saw these calming, unisex colors, I knew I wanted to make a baby blanket in these colors.  I used a simple ripple pattern and yarn from Big Twist:


This is a value yarn sold at JoAnn Fabrics and it is so wonderful to work - soft and easy on the hands.  I added a white in order to make the colors pop.  I love this blanket.  When the palo verde tree was blooming in my front yard, I couldn't resist matching these colors together.

   

When I see finished products that I made, it makes me think of where I was or what was going on in my life as I made it.  This blanket was made back in March while my daughter and I were on a college trip to Arkansas. My sister has a gorgeous lake house in southwest Missouri and we spent the week there.  I love her home aesthetic - this home is beautiful inside and out.

 


When I look at this blanket, it reminds me of all of this.  It's now available HERE in my Etsy store so it can go on to create memories with some special child.



cindy



Comments

Popular Posts